Pet Insurance CT
All You Need to Know about Pet Insurance in CT
Your pet is a very important part of your family and you want the best healthcare for your pet too. Vet care can be very expensive, especially with the rising costs of healthcare. And, this can be quite challenging, especially if your pet suffers from a chronic health condition or requires good vet care in the case of an accident, emergency or illness.
This is where pet insurance comes in very handy and can help to cover any illnesses, injuries or accidents your furry pet may encounter. A good pet insurance ensures that you can get medical care for your pet without blowing a hole through your savings.
Thankfully, when you consider the various pet insurance CT options, Connecticut has loads of options that you can consider. So, read on to get all the information regarding pet insurance in CT.
Veterinary Costs in Connecticut
According to the American Veterinary Medical Association, 28.3% of the homes in Connecticut own dogs, while 31.9% of homes own cats. While Connecticut is one of the states with a lower number of pets, it is still among the few states in the U.S. where pet owners pay the highest in terms of vet care for their pets (an average of around $1,500 per year) for general vet care including regular health checks, deworming, vaccinations, stool examinations, blood tests, etc. and the cost does not include any injuries, serious or terminal illnesses.
It can be quite expensive to keep your pet healthy in Connecticut and vet care costs can add up very quickly, especially if you don’t have pet insurance. Some vet prices in Connecticut include:
- Broken bones: $200 to $5,000
- Arthritis: $200 to $10,000
- Hip replacement: $4,000 to $6,000
- Heart disease: $5,000 to $20,000
- Glaucoma: $2,000 to $3,000
- Cataracts: $2,000 to $3,000 (per eye)
- Cancerous tumor (surgical removal): starting at $1,500
- Chemotherapy: $200 to $2,000
- Radiation therapy: $2,000 to $6,000
A pet insurance plan can help you to cover any expensive treatment that your pet may need to keep him healthy. It is a cost-effective way by which you can provide vet care for your pet at a fraction of the cost.
Pet Insurance in Connecticut
Pet insurance CT depends on many factors. Younger and healthier pets cost less to insure compared to older animals with health issues. The type of insurance, coverage and deductible also determine the cost of insurance. Pet insurance policies depend on the type and also the insurance provider. However, most insurance companies tend to cover some general treatments and conditions including:
- Blood tests
- Diagnostic treatments
- Emergency care
- Chronic conditions
- Hereditary conditions
- Congenital conditions
- Cancer care
Some of the things that are not covered by insurance policies include:
- Neutering and spaying
- Wellness and routine care
- Preventive care such as deworming, vaccinations, flea control
- Pre-existing health conditions (i.e., any health condition that affects/ has affected your pet before the insurance policy was taken)
- Dental healthcare
- Behavioral training
- Elective procedures
- Grooming and nail trimming
- Specialized diets or prescription foods
- Therapy/medication for behavioral therapy
Reasons to Purchase Connecticut Pet Insurance
Getting insurance for your pet can offer many benefits including:
- Anything can happen to your pet anytime and having pet insurance can ensure complete peace of mind knowing that if your pet falls ill, has an accident or is injured, there is no cause to worry and you will have financial help to cover the costs.
- Having pet insurance can cover the costs of expensive treatments and surgeries without causing a heavy financial burden and you don’t have to euthanize your pet because the medical expense is too much.
- There are many affordable pet insurance policies offered by several insurance companies that you can choose from.
4 Best Pet Insurance Providers in CT
If you’re looking for pet insurance in CT, you’ll see that there are plenty of companies offering pet insurance that the choice can become confusing. We have done the research for you and will discuss some of the best pet insurance providers in Connecticut that allow you to get affordable Connecticut pet insurance easily at prices that will not break the bank.
Founded in 2009 by Rob Jackson and Steve Siadek, Healthy Paws Pet Insurance & Foundation is an industry leader and offers comprehensive insurance coverage for both dogs and cats. Healthy Paws offers several health plan options without any caps.
You can choose from 4 deductible levels per annum i.e., $100, $250, $500 and $750 and 4 options for vet bill payouts (i.e., 60%, 70%, 80% or 90%) without any caps (lifetime, annual or per incident) on any of the claims. Once you pay the annual deductible, all the incidents covered by the policy will be paid by Healthy Paws that year.
Features of the Healthy Paws Health Insurance Plans
- No reimbursement caps on the coverage of all the policies
- Saves up to 90% on vet bills
- Enrollment Eligibility: Up to 14th birthday until the lifetime
- Covers illnesses, diagnostic treatments, blood tests, X-rays, ultrasounds, surgeries, prescription medicines, accidents, hospitalization, specialty care, emergency care, chronic conditions, congenital conditions, hereditary conditions, cancer and alternative therapies
- Cover hip dysplasia (if enrolled before 6 years)
- Does not cover pre-existing conditions, examination fee, preventative care, vaccinations, annual check-ups, teeth cleaning, spaying/ neutering
- Unlimited lifetime benefits applicable to all policies
- Quick online claims processing
- Mobile app
- 7-day customer care
- 30-day free look period
- 100% money-back guarantee
PetFirst Healthcare LLC is a MetLife Company, which was founded in 2004 and is based in Indiana. It sells illness and accident coverage for dogs and cats in all 50 states of the U.S. While PetFirst offers plans for cats and dogs of all ages (starting from 8 months to no upper age limit), it is probably only among the pet insurance providers that offer plans which are tailored specifically for senior dogs.
PetFirst offers several annual amount options, no per-incident or lifetime limits and chronic care coverage for pets of all ages. You can customize the reimbursement and deductible rates according to your budget and pet’s requirements. You can submit your claims in many ways, including via PetFirst’s portal and the reimbursements are processed within two weeks of submitting the claim.
Features of the PetFirst Insurance Plans
- Simple application process
- Flexible policy options
- Plans cover accidents, illnesses (including congenital, hereditary and chronic conditions), surgeries, hospitalizations, exam fees, X-rays, diagnostic tests, ultrasounds, medications, emergency care, holistic and alternative care, etc.
- After 6 months, your pet is also covered for IVDD (intervertebral disc disease), medical cruciate, anterior cruciate ligaments, cranial cruciate ligaments and posterior cruciate ligaments
- Accident coverage begins 24 hours after enrollment
- Does not cover pre-existing conditions, elective procedures, removal or expression of anal glands, breeding, special diet, pet food, vitamins and minerals, bathing and grooming costs, parasite treatment and prevention, injuries or illnesses related to coursing, racing, organized fighting or commercial guarding, organ transplants, preventative care and routine wellness
- No upper age limit
- Multi-pet and healthy pet discounts
- Plans start at $15 per month for dogs and puppies and $9 for cats and kittens
Spot Pet Insurance
Recommended by Caesar Milan, the dog behavior expert, Spot Pet Insurance provides the highest-quality pet insurance to ensure the overall health and wellbeing of your pet. The company offers insurance for your dog and cat and helps to protect your pet from accidents, illnesses and emergencies.
Spot Pet Insurance offers very good coverage and various options. You also have the option of customizing the annual limit, reimbursement amount and deductible amount. And there is no age cap on the coverage. You can also choose a Spot-On coverage, accident-only coverage or add a preventive care rider to your insurance.
Features of the Spot Pet Insurance Plans
- No age cap
- Unlimited annual limit
- No per-incident cap
- No lifetime cap
- Up to 90% reimbursement on vet bills
- Covers accidents (broken bones, cuts, bites, toxin ingestion and lodged foreign objects), illnesses (UTI, thyroid disease, cancer, digestive issues, etc.), exam fees, hereditary conditions (eye disorders, heart conditions, hip dysplasia, etc.), chronic conditions (arthritis, diabetes and other recurring conditions), alternative therapies (physiotherapy, acupuncture, rehabilitative therapy, chiropractic care, low-level laser therapy and hydrotherapy) and behavioral issues (aggression, anxiety, fur pulling, excessive licking, destructive behaviors, etc.)
- Does not cover pre-existing conditions, special diets, non-FDA treatments or supplements, boarding/ daycare and conditions occurring within the waiting period of the policy
- 14-day waiting period for coverage
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Pumpkin Pet Insurance
If you’re looking for comprehensive coverage for your dog or cat, then you can consider Pumpkin Pet Insurance, which is one of the best pet insurance providers on the market. Founded in 2019, Pumpkin Pet Insurance’s plans are quite simple and cover injury, illness and more for your pet and their optional preventative care add-on ensures that your pet is healthy for years.
Once the annual deductible is met, Pumpkin Pet Insurance will reimburse you for the costs that you incur on your pet. The standard Pumpkin policy involves 10% co-insurance, where you pay 10% of costs and Pumpkin covers the balance of 90% of the costs up to the yearly limit.
Features of the Pumpkin Pet Insurance Plans
- 90% cashback on vet bills
- Includes accidents, illnesses, prescription meds, diagnostics, treatments, surgery, specialized care, emergencies, hospitalization, hereditary conditions, behavioral issues, dental and gum disease, alternative therapies, advanced care and prescription food
- Optional Preventive Care package covers annual exam fees, lab tests, key vaccinations
- No annual limit
- No upper age limit
- No insurance add-on fees
- No extended waiting period
- Discount for multiple pets
- Eligible for all pets of 8 weeks or older
No matter where you live in Connecticut, you can get the care that your precious pet needs to ensure that he is healthy and fit. And, this means getting the best pet insurance coverage to keep your furry friend protected against illnesses, accidents or any other emergencies. The best Connecticut pet insurance will ensure that your furry pal gets the best care at the right price.
Get a Quote