You love your pet like a family member, and you want to see them protected and covered by good health insurance in case the unthinkable should happen. Cats and dogs both can be curious, leading them to ingest things they should never eat. They can also be injured, or become ill with many of the same illnesses that affect people, like kidney disease, diabetes, cancer, skin conditions and heart problems, to name a few.
Trupanion Pet Insurance Can Bring Peace of Mind
Pet owners who have chosen Trupanion Pet Insurance are happy to find pet health insurance that covers most common accidents, injuries and illnesses that pets may experience. Having pet insurance can bring peace of mind knowing your beloved pet can get the health care they need, without the worry of severely impacting your family finances. Here are some of the pros reviewers have cited with Trupanion pet insurance:
- Even basic plans cover congenital and hereditary conditions
- You choose how much you pay in premiums, based on the deductible you’ve selected
- Unexpected illnesses and injuries are covered
- Most buyers of Trupanion insurance claim that their claims were handled in a straightforward and timely way
- Deductibles range from $0 to $1,000, creating one of the biggest ranges in pet insurance deductibles
- Premiums range from $33 a month to $75 a month in most cases
- Claims can be paid directly to your veterinarian, meaning you most likely won’t have to pay out of your pocket
- Diagnostic tests are covered
- Hospitalization and surgery are covered
- Medications and veterinary supplements are covered
- Trupanion covers expenses for carts or prosthetic devices, should they be needed
- You get to choose the veterinarian you feel is best for your pet
As with any other type of insurance, there are things that reviewers have cited as cons. For Trupanion pet insurance, these are:
- The up front $35 fee to enroll each pet
- Premiums do increase on a regular basis
- Wellness care and exam fees are not covered
- Pre-existing conditions can be tricky to determine and navigate, if they’re not clearly defined
- Reviewers have said that Trupanion’s prices could be more competitive than they are. Premiums can go up as much as 20% a year
Pet Insurance Decisions are Best Based on Individual Needs
Pet owners need to know that pets over 14 years of age are not eligible to enroll, and that spaying and neutering are stressed. There are conditions from not having pets spayed or neutered that won’t be covered. Things like uterine and ovarian conditions, testicular and perianal tumors, and hormonal problems may not be covered if pet is not spayed or neutered in a timely way.
It’s always advisable to choose the best pet insurance based on your needs and financial situation. Insurance from Trupanion has received accolades for award-winning customer care, along with claim processes that are handled in a timely way. Trupanion pet insurance has also been praised as being good for either cats or dogs. Creating peace of mind makes pet insurance worth looking into.