Looking for the Best GPS Trackers for dogs because your dog frequently escapes the boundaries during the walk? Or are you looking for something which could tell you your dog’s location? If yes, then you are in the right place.
Although there came many devices that tried to help with finding the dogs, either they were too expensive, or they didn’t meet the requirements of the user. Often people are confused with the thought that what kind of tracker they should buy, and which is the best one among a lot. So here, we will help you find the best tracker for your lost dog’s location.
In a hurry? The test winner of 70 hours of research:
- US version only; This GPS dog finder receives and displays your dog's GPS Collar location, along with your location, on the Handheld Device's easy-to-read topographical map
- The Handheld Device features 1:100,000 preloaded topo maps with unlimited lifetime map updates, no subscription required
- Featuring HopTek technology, this location system uses GPS satelites, not cell service, to track your dog up to 10 miles away; Track up to 21 dogs with the purchase of additional TEK Series 2.0 GPS Tracking Add-A-Dog Collars (TEK-2L)
- View, or listen to (bluetooth headset compatible), the direction and status of your dog; The Handheld Device will show the direction each dog is headed, the path they took to get there, and whether they are moving or stopped
- The Handheld Device and GPS Collar are both waterproof and submersible, as well as rechargeable; Easily update both units with the included USB Cables and desktop application
You May Also Like: Cheap GPS Dog Fences
With the high rate of missing pets, one may not help but wonder, the best means to keep our furry friends safe. In 2021, the best GPS dog trackers are on the radar. Say goodbye to the days of pet chains and leashes, perimeter fence, crate or even sending the dog over to a friend’s place. Now, with Smart Dog trackers, you rest assured of where your pet may be at any particular time.
The Dog GPS trackers are a navigational tool for monitoring the movement and the location of your Pet. Dog owners can remotely control the progress of their Dog on their phone in real-time.
The dog GPS tracking device is now used not only to help you know the wear of your pets, but it can also even monitor its activities in your absence. The GPS pet microchip is attached to the pet’s collar. This way, it transmits position signals all the time and helps you keep a tab on your pet.
With so many GPS dog microchips and Activity Monitors in the market, this article is your best bet. With all the research done for you based on 5-star reviews, all you need do is to pick one that best suits your pet and budget. Also, See what’s new in the wireless fence reviews.
Best GPS Dog Trackers 2021
|Tractive LTE||Unlimited range|
|FitBark||Excellent health monitoring|
|Dogtra Pathfinder||2-Second Update Rate|
|SportDOG||Lifetime free map updates|
|Whistle Location Tracker||Provides alerts in real-time|
|Eureka Tracker||Tracking up to 4 Dogs|
|BLACK+DECKER||Easy to use|
|Find My Pet||Cheap in price|
TOP 15 Best GPS Dog Trackers Reviews
It is important to use it for dog safety and we review the top 15 trackers for you. So, you can easily pick the right one. Sit back and read.
Today there are a lot of different devices to protect your dog at all times. That’s why here you can find the best GPS dog tracker. In particular, these devices require a subscription and provide a high level of functionality.
That is why here you will find the three best options that are available in the market. In turn, you could not only track your dog but also obtain data on your pet’s activity. So, it will be much easier to know your dog’s health status and different statistics with just one device.
1. Tractive LTE – Location & Activity Tracker for Dogs
- LIVE TRACKING & LOCATION HISTORY - Pinpoint the real-time location of your furry friend when it matters most and see the history of places your dog has visited.
- SUBSCRIPTION PLAN NEEDED - Monthly, 1 year, 2 year and 5 year plans available starting at USD4.99 per month. Try risk free with a 30 day money back guarantee.
- VIRTUAL FENCE - Define a safe area and get an instant notification if your pet leaves the area. Dog tracking has never been easier.
- ACTIVITY MONITORING: Keep your dog healthy with the integrated dog fitness tracker
- WORLDWIDE LOCATION TRACKING - Use your Tractive GPS pet collar attachment in over 150 countries. Manage all features via the free Tractive GPS app for a iOS and Android or in any browser.
Among the best options that are available today in the market, this best GPS dog tracker is excellent for dogs. Your dog will be able to be located in real-time no matter where he is. In turn, this device can provide a lot of advantages and benefits to the user.
By using this device, you will be able to establish a certain safe area for your dog. In this way, you will be able to notice that you will not receive any notification if your dog is in a safe area. In other words, it is a virtual area that will keep your dog protected at all times.
Highly functional tracking:
You will have the possibility to use the GPS tracking device in more than 150 countries. Also, you can combine this GPS tracker with a navigator or a mobile device. For that, you must have a mobile device and an Android or iOS operating system. In just a few steps, you will notice how easy it is to track your dog.
To complete this functionality, you need a monthly subscription. Even the SIM card needed to use this tracker is built in. This way, you can get high-quality performance and increased security for your dog.
This includes the GPS tracker as well as the USB cable and the instruction manual. It is necessary to consider that this device is very easy to use and can be adapted to a large number of dogs. In turn, the manufacturer offers 2 different subscriptions with different advantages and benefits. This way, you can choose the most convenient one according to your needs.
- High-quality functionality
- Unlimited range
- Includes fitness tracker
- Basic subscription with few benefits
2. FitBark GPS Dog Tracker
- 🌎 SAFETY. Designed for dog parents who worry about losing track of their pups. Get escape alerts & Find your pet in minutes. Requires Wi-Fi, Verizon LTE-M coverage in your area, and in-app subscription from $5.95/mo. 30-Day Money Back on all plans.
- 🐾 HEALTH. Monitor activity, sleep quality, distance, calorie balance, anxiety, skin conditions and overall health & behavior 24/7. Set ideal goals vs. breed, age & weight peers. Add multiple dogs and owners in our apps. iOS 12+ or Android 6+ required.
- 🦴 COMFORT. Lightweight (17 g). Fits 5 lb and 240 lb dogs and most collars up to 1.5” wide. Tough, rugged & waterproof. Battery typically lasts 10-20 days depending on Wi-Fi, Bluetooth & Verizon availability. Software experience not optimized for cats.
- 🏃♀️ MOTIVATION. Optionally link your Fitbit, Apple Watch, Apple HealthKit or Google Fit wearable device or smartphone, compare stats side by side and start building healthy & safe habits together. Fitbit Clock Face available on the Fitbit Gallery.
- 🎓 SCIENCE. Trusted by 150+ veterinary schools & research institutions that strive to advance science, including the University of Cambridge and the Mayo Clinic. Join users from 140+ countries in advocating for safer and better informed dog parenting.
Another excellent option that is available today in the market is this excellent functioning GPS tracker. You will be able to track your pet no matter where it is. You will have the possibility to use different covers when you turn on this device.
Comfortable device to use:
In particular, this device only weighs 0.6 ounces. So, as you will notice, this is a very comfortable device for your dog to use. That’s why this GPS tracker can be adapted to dogs weighing 240 pounds or as little as 5 pounds. In any of these cases, you will need a 1.5-inch wide collar.
In addition to tracking your dog’s location, the best GPS dog trackers 2021 offer other alternatives. You will be able to obtain certain statistics and data on your dog’s health at all times. So, this includes skin conditions, anxiety level, caloric balance, distance traveled, sleep quality, among other factors.
In this case, it is necessary to consider that this device can be adapted to other intelligent devices. It is an excellent way to be able to adapt this GPS tracker with Google Fit, Apple Helpkit, Apple Watch, or Fitbit. This way you will be able to obtain a greater amount of data to complement your dog’s training. In turn, creating healthier habits will be much easier.
- Flexible operating device
- Excellent health monitoring
- Device adaptable to a large number of dogs
- Not useful for cats
3. 4G LTE Queclink GL300MG GPS Tracker
- The GL 300MG Solar Powered GPS Tracker is a brand new redesigned model which is far improved over any other GL300MG available on the market. Our redesigned GL300MG provides a constant charge using sunlight which is a significant advancement. The motion interval updates can be configured up to minute updates, but the default setting is 5 minutes.
- Revolutionary solar powered case has a USB adapter which will keep several other devices powered from solar power. Li-ion polymer battery 3.7V 10000mAh.
- No installation and can be accessed from any PC, MAC, smartphone, tablet, or iPAD. Real Time Tracking allows the Device to be viewed Anywhere and Instantly through the Tracking Portal. The GPS Monitoring Device records up to 6 months of Tracking History. The application is free to download and can be used on both Apple and Android. Name of the application is SpySpotGPS. Login and view the device through any personal computer, smart phone, or tablet.
- 24/7 Email or Text Alerts - Geofence/Perimeters can be configured to provide notifications whenever the device enters or exits a certain area. This is perfect to know when your loved one arrives at work or when a child arrives to and from school. Multiple Perimeters can be configured for each individual device. Tracking Portal will allow the user to view the MPH of the tracking device and be provided of alerts when the vehicle reaches a certain speed.
- Monthly service as low as $18/month when year paid for in advance. $20/month when paid 6 months in advance. $22/month when paid 3 months in advance. $24 when paid month to month. Can be cancelled anytime. One time activation fee of $9.95 Tracking now works in United States, Canada, and Mexico!
This best GPS dog tracker is one of the most advanced among those existing in the market today. In this case, it is an excellent functioning device that includes a lithium-ion polymer battery. You will need a few minutes to start using this device efficiently.
One of the strengths of this unit is that the battery can be powered by solar energy. Therefore, we must add an excellent capacity of 10,000 mAh. So, at all times you will have enough energy to be able to track your dog. Besides, the USB adapter can offer battery recharging for other different devices.
As if that were not enough, this device can be connected to a smartphone, an iPad, a tablet, a Mac, or a PC. In the same way, you can use an application that is compatible with Android and Apple. In this way, you will have full functionality to track your dog.
7 days a week and 24 hours a day you can receive different alerts. Both in text format and by email these alerts will notify you about the GPS device. So, when your dog is out of a safe area then the notification will let you know this.
This is a very convenient operation to be able to track a dog as well as other animals. If you prefer you can also use this GPS tracker to keep an eye on your young children.
Innovative technology device:
Finally, the manufacturer provides several subscriptions for you to have the best performance. Even you will not need a large amount of money to be able to opt for a very complete service.
- High-quality tracker
- Flexible and versatile connectivity
- Receiving notifications at all times
- Somewhat expensive premium subscription
4. SportDOG Brand TEK Series
- US version only; This GPS dog finder receives and displays your dog's GPS Collar location, along with your location, on the Handheld Device's screen
- The Handheld Device features a tilt-compensated compass and backlit LCD screen with an adjustable scale from 100 yards to 75 miles
- Featuring HopTek technology, this location system uses GPS satelites, not cell service, to track your dog up to 7 miles away; Track up to 12 dogs with the purchase of TEK Series 2.0 GPS Tracking Add-A-Dog Collars (TEK-2L)
- View the direction and status of your dog; the Handheld Device will show the direction each dog is headed, how far they are from you, and whether they are moving or stopped
- The Handheld Device and GPS Collar are both waterproof and submersible, as well as rechargeable
The SportDOG Brand TEK 2.0 GPS Tracking System is the best GPS dog trackers and Activity Monitor that is free of monthly subscription and comes with free map updates. The SportDOG Brand is a boom for all pet owners and trainers. With a capacity to track up to 21 dogs per unit is the best pet dog tracker for owners with multiple dogs.
It can keep track of the locations and can provide valuable data like distance traveled and current speed. It also shows the position of the dog in relation to the other dogs logged in to the system. Thus, making it the best for multiple dog owners and trainers to monitor their pets in the field.
No network coverage? No problem, With the SportDOG Brand TEK 2.0 GPS Tracking System V2-L, you do not have to worry about mobile network connectivity. It uses satellite technology that makes sure all track of the dog is stored and safe. The GPS Tracking software covers a distance of up to 10 miles in all terrains and weather conditions, making it the best for rural areas.
The prompt updates reach the handheld device. It even has Bluetooth; you can listen to the updates. Be worry-free about your pet crossing a ridge before you while on a trek. Long treks in the mountains or walks in the woods will be more fun and less worrying, even if pets are away from your sight. It is built to endure and last.
The handheld device is submersible and therefore is also a Waterproof Pet GPS Tracker. The collar works flawlessly even in the depth of 25 feet. The handheld device and the collars are equipped with high capacity rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. The collar batteries take only four hours to charge and last for 24 hours with every charge while the handheld device takes eight hours and lasts for twelve hours. The SportDOG Brand TEK 2.0 GPS Tracking System is built to endure and last longer.
The system comes with preloaded topographical maps that update for life. The advanced technology provides excellent accuracy with images from GPS satellite systems. The diagrams on the handheld device can be used to set up geofences that send an alert every time your pet is on the point or is crossing the fence.
- Lifetime free map updates
- Accurate GPS coverage
- Water-resistant and shockproof
- No network coverage needed
- It requires some practice to operate
5. Link AKC Smart GPS Tracker
- Winner CES 2017 Best Of Innovation. Order now to lock in a special pre-order price - Save $20 for limited pre-order period.
- Always know your dog’s location via the LINK AKC app. LINK AKC converts your home into a digital safe zone and will quickly alert you if your dog leaves it; locate a lost dog with fast and accurate GPS location tracking.
- Only LINK AKC offers customized activity level recommendations tailored to your individual dog to help you better monitor your dog’s daily activity levels and wellness.
- Risk-Free 30-day money back guarantee - return if not completely satisfied. Also receive an extended warranty on the tracking unit, and complimentary access to the Pet Poison Helpline, a 24/7 animal poison control center.
- SERVICE PLAN: LINK AKC requires a service plan for connectivity; plans are as low as $6.95 per month and are not required until LINK AKC activation.
Link AKC Smart Collar is perfect for monitoring the movement of all sizes and ages of dogs. It’s been a year since I bought the device for my little puppy and it was very useful. It is strapped on the neck, and your Dog has always been happy with the strap on her neck.
Link AKC Smart Collar blends well with the contours on my puppy’s neck. It has been instrumental in monitoring the movement of the puppy through a GPS dog microchip. In addition to movement, it has an activity monitor system for checking the activity level of the Dog with top quality videos and screenshots sent to my phone.
It is one of the best waterproof pet GPS trackers, and it is efficient in monitoring the temperature of your pet also. It beeps whenever the Dog enters areas of high heat or areas that are too low in temperature. The device is resistant to water.
- It is very fashionable as it adds immense beauty to the Dog
- It reduces the expenses of hiring a veterinary doctor to check my Dog’s health
- Tracking of movement is dependent on the strength of an internet connection
6. Whistle Location Tracker for Pets
- New Whistle models available: Whistle go explore and Whistle go
- Nationwide location tracking: pinpoint your pet’s location with this top-rated SMART GPS activity tracker for your pet anywhere AT&T 3g cellular service is available.
- Proactive alerts: get text, app or email notifications when your pet leaves home.
- Get health insights: monitor your pet’s daily activities and know how your pet measures up for their age, weight and breed.
- Long battery life: lasts up to 7 days! Battery life may vary depending on your pet’s activity, Wi-Fi signal strength and pet’s time spent out of Wi-Fi.
The Whistle Go/Health & Location Tracker for a pet is simply the best GPS dog tracker. If your dog likes swimming in the pool, you will not be perturbed since Whistle Go/Health & location tracker for pets is water-proof. With the device strapped to your dog’s neck, they can swim at a depth of about 3 feet for about 30 minutes without hitches.
If you love your pet and you surely wish to know her whereabouts at all times. Whistle 3 is just the best GPS dog tracker because it monitors, navigates, and provides alerts of dog movement in real-time. The smart Dog tracker allows a secure connection to android and Apple phones. GPS activity monitor is an impressive feature, and the device works nationwide in places where the AT&T 3g cellular services are available. Whistle 3 uses Google maps with the aid of an advanced GPS location tracker. Pets love going around with it as the device is beautifully designed to boost their appearance. More so, it is lightweight and does not affect neck movement.
Whistle Go/Health & location tracker for pets sends alerts to owners’ phones whenever pets enter zones marked as dangerous and harmful. It also monitors the changes in the temperature and the health of your dog. The battery embedded in whistle 3 is long-lasting.
- It is long-lasting and water-resistant
- It provides alerts in real-time
- It is easy and straightforward to use
- A weak network may cause a delay in getting alert
7. Tractive 3G Dog GPS Tracker
- Subscription Plan needed – starting at only $ 4. 99/ month with different subscription plans available. Similar to your cellphone, this low fee ensures you the best cellular service possible with an integrated SIM CARD.
- Tractive Dog GPS tracker – lightweight & waterproof GPS tracking device, recommended for pets above 9 pounds. For safe dogs The robust GPS pet Finder easily attaches to any collar or harness.
- Live tracking with your Tractive Dog Finder – pinpoint the real-time location of your furry friend when it matters most and share it with family and friends. The full location History of your pet is just one of many special features.
- Safe zone = safe DOG – define a safe area with the virtual fence feature & get an instant notification if your pet leaves the area. Dog tracking has never been easier.
- Worldwide location tracking – use your Tractive GPS dog collar attachment in over 150 countries; manage all features and access your pet’s location via the free Tractive GPS app or in any browser. Tractive has no range limitation unlike many other Bluetooth GPS finders. Tractive GPS devices are IPX7 waterproof and shock resistant
The Tractive 3G Dog GPS Tracker is one of the best GPS dog trackers 2021. It has been very effective in keeping our family abreast of the whereabouts of our Pet dog. We love her, but the stress of following her around was very cumbersome. She loves to wander around our neighborhood, and we used to go around in search of our favorite pet at night. Tractive 3G Dog GPS Tracker assist you immensely in solving this problem. It is very powerful and efficient in unraveling the safety of the pet in rural and urban places. Its coverage is unlimited as it spreads across all countries in the world.
The wide and expansive coverage ability of the device is awesome. It can serve you for over a year. And pet owners can successfully monitor the positional history of their dogs even while on vacation abroad. The battery life is superb with a charge-time of 2hours. The device is embedded with awesome features that can monitor carefully selected areas considered as safe and areas considered as unsafe. Alerts deduced from the device are quick and in real-time. The virtual fence feature of the device operates in real-time. It alerts you of your pet’s movement even before she gets to the boundary of the safe areas.
This best GPS dog tracker has a high range of coverage. It is perfectly knitted with the GPS dog chip to offer immense security for dogs above 9 pounds. The device adds little or no weight to your furry friend. It typifies a perfect waterproof pet GPS tracker as it can function inside water for more than 30 minutes without hitches.
- It is long-lasting and water-resistant
- It provides alerts in real-time
- It is easy and straightforward to use
- It is not ideal for Dogs less than 9 pounds in weight
8. Eureka Technology Advanced Pet Tracking Tag
- Works anywhere, totally self-contained, no GPS or cell network required, no monthly service contracts, ideal for traveling with your pets
- Simple to setup and use, single button-push to begin searching for lost pets with real-time distance and direction feedback
- Includes everything needed for 1-pet, may be expanded to handle up to three pets with purchase of additional tracking tags (sold separately)
- Tracking Tags are designed for prolonged swimming, are light enough for cats and rugged enough for the most active dogs
- Rechargeable battery on pet’s collar lasts up to 6 weeks while being continuously monitored
The Eureka technology Marco Polo Advanced Pet Tracking Tags are specially designed for a large range of Pets. It is efficient for both small and large pets. Our pet dogs are stubborn, rugged, and playful. Some of them can jump in and out of water for fun, and the Marco polo Advanced Pet tracking Tags are just perfect for them.
The device features a very active GPS Pet Tracker and Activity Monitor composed of rough ballistic holders who are coupled to their collar. They are well-knitted with nylon. The tags are lightweight and water-resistant. The Marco Polo Advanced pet tracking Tags are used for tracking the navigation of a multiplicity of dogs. A tracking tag is assigned to every dog while they are all connected to the central locator system.
We are highly impressed by the precision and accuracy of this device. It monitors and tracks the movement of all the dogs at different locations simultaneously. A plethora of dog trackers reviews shows that this device is widely considered as the best dog tracking device and is the best for multiple Dogs. It does not record interferences in the network connection.
- The battery is very powerful
- It is efficient in locating both Cats and Dogs
- It can be used for tracking up to 4 Dogs
- It is not ideal for pets whose collar lengths are less than 7 inches
9. BLACK+DECKER Smart Dog Tracker
- GPS & Activity Tracking - Always know the exact location of your best friend with precise GPS! Track how far they roam, how much they play, and what routes are their favorites using our companion app and your mobile device.
- Customizable Geofence Zones - Use the app to trace safety zones around your yard or favorite park, and get instant alerts when your dog has gone outside those limits. This product requires 2g service and won't work overseas or evidently in the Virgin Islands
- 2-Way Audio - Stay connected with your dog from anywhere! With 2-way audio you can call them home, reassure them when you are away, and hear them respond, giving both you and your dog peace of mind even when you are apart.
- Water Resistant & One Size - Don’t worry about your dog taking a quick dip, the BLACK+DECKER Smart Dog Collar is water resistant up to three feet. This collar is designed for medium to large sized dogs, and will fit a 15” to 21” neckline.
- Virtual Dog Tag - OLED display keeps your dog’s name and your contact information visible in case your dog goes missing. A customized message can also be displayed for special circumstances.
The Black+Decker smart dog collar makes it possible for every pet owner to ascertain the specific location and positioning of our puppy. It is one of the best GPS dog trackers as it keeps pet owners in constant connection with their pets.
The GPS feature of the system detects the pet’s location with high precision and accuracy. My dog enjoys playing around the neighborhood with other puppies, and their whereabouts were always our concern. In the past, we tried to control her movements by locking her inside the premises, thus denying her free motion. She became very sick, and we saw the need to allow her to move freely. By purchasing the BLACK+DECKER Smart Dog Collar, we gave our puppy more freedom to roam about the neighborhood. The GPS Pet Tracker and Activity Monitor feature are very efficient in navigation detection. We can remotely know the dog’s mood, what she does, and many more.
The device tracks and records the favorite routes of the pet. We can now relax and work with fewer disturbances at work while receiving alerts on our phones. We now know her most favorite playgrounds and wandering regions.
When we travel long distances, we usually call her to tell her we love her and will be back soon. We can call her home and hear them respond. We are assured of the safety of our dog. The virtual Dog Tag works with the GPS dog chip and gives identity to her. Our neighbors can quickly know our puppy by name, and our contact details are shown whenever she misses her way. She is neat and clean and would always take a dip whenever she sees a pool. This does not affect the device as it is water-resistant and lightweight.
- Pet owners can communicate remotely with their Dogs
- The cost of a subscription is low
- It is water-resistant
- The navigation map does not fit perfectly on the phone screen
10. Find My Pet Nano GPS Dog Tracker
- FIND MY PET NANO IS A GPS DOG TRACKING DEVICE: To provide the MOST ACCURATE LOCATION it needs to be outdoors so it can connect with GPS satellites. If it loses contact with the satellites, it will use available Wi-Fi and Bluetooth signals and then finally cell phone networks to track and locate your pet. Our App will tell you if Wi-Fi or cell networks are being used to track your pet.
- WI-FI AND BLUETOOTH ENABLED: Unlike most GPS dog trackers, the Find My Pet Nano can track accurately indoors and out using existing WI-FI and Bluetooth signals, No passwords needed! How is that for peace of mind! It's also Waterproof & has a Rechargeable Battery.
- FIND & TRACK YOUR PET ANYWHERE WORLDWIDE: You will be able to track and locate your dog on your smartphone (Free Android & iPhone Apps) anywhere in the world as long as you have GSM (2G) cell network coverage and the SIM Card is included! You can also track your pet with a web browser on our website. Automatically tracks in real time in 1 minute intervals! You can manually update your pet's location at anytime.
- ONE IN THREE PETS GET LOST AT SOME POINT: With the Find My Pet GPS Nano dog tracker your pet won't be one of them! You can add as many pets as you want to your account and keep track of all of them all the time! Long Battery Life: 2 to 4 days - Battery life depends on usage and your environment. You will get an alert when the battery needs to be charged
- 1 MONTH FREE SERVICE: You will be able to use this GPS dog tracking device for the first month for free! After that, there’s a small cell network subscription of $4.99 per month. Or choose a One-year plan for $4.17 per month or Three-year plan for only $2.75 per month to save even more!
Find My Pet Nano is also one of the Best GPS dog trackers because of its versatility and worldwide connectivity. It works by GPS connection with satellites. The unavailability of the satellite network is never a hindrance. In such cases, the device will quickly search for available Wi-Fi and Bluetooth signals. If not found, it will soon connect with a cell phone network. This allows it to work indoors and outdoors and is best for rural areas. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections are beneficial for indoor connectivity.
It is lightweight and straightforward. My wife was able to unpack and couple the device at first sight. The location tracking is in real-time, and it is worldwide. We can track our dog while on vacation overseas because the connectivity is worldwide. We can easily view our dog’s navigation and activities anywhere in the world as long as there is a cell phone network. The battery is rechargeable and long-lasting.
The minimum battery life is two days but can last for as long as five days. It is best for multiple dog tracking. We track and monitor our dog and her three puppies by adding them to the system. A plethora of dog trackers reviews shows that the device is widely regarded by pet owners as the best dog tracking device.
- It is cheap and can work inside water
- It works with cellular and satellite networks
- Pet owners can track and monitor the activities of dog
- The alert lags in real-time
11. Findster Duo+ Pet Tracker
What we love about the Findster Duo Pet Tracker is that it is free. One needs no monthly or subscription fee. With its MAZE technology, your GPS dog chip requires no sim card. It is the best pet dog trackers, one can use anywhere in the world.
It is a real-time pet tracker and allows you to set a perimeter for your dog. Perimeter range of up to 3 miles in less dense areas is achievable and gets instant notification of any breach. It is also an activity tracker and helps you know if your pet is doing enough exercise.
- It Works anywhere in the world
- The long battery life of up to 12 hours
- No charges aside from purchasing fee
- No sim needed & Waterproof
- Only available for small pets
12. GIBI 2nd Gen GPS Tracker
- Gibi keeps track of your pet 24/7 to make finding lost or missing pets quick and easy.Gibi Pet GPS Trackers are compact, lightweight, and IP-67 WATERPROOF. Gibi provides the most expansive coverage, sharpest accuracy, unlimited range, and are durable and reliable. Gibi is better than microchips. Microchips cannot track pets like Gibi. Microchips are just dog tags under a pet's skin. Get Gibi to keep your pet safe!
- Create multiple safe zones in any polygon, small or large. We monitor your pet's location and the safe zones, then alert you via text/email when your pet is in/out of their safe zone. Then you can see where your pet is located on Google Maps. Gibi sure makes finding missing or wandering pets quick and easy.
- Long battery life. Get low battery alerts in plenty of time to recharge your pet’s Gibi. Gibi trackers charge in 2 hours. Get fully charged alerts as a reminder to put the Gibi tracker back on your pet.
- Gibi app is accessible using mobile (iOS and Android) and web formats. Compatible with all smartphones. Shows Google Maps in map and satellite formats. Requires Internet access on your smartphone, computer or tablet.
- Requires Gibi account registration, agreement to Gibi terms of service, and subscription service at your choice of $9.99/month or $99/year. Keep track of your pet 24/7 for just $99 a year. That's just 25𝇍/day to keep your pet safe!.
The Gibe Pet master kit tracker is efficient in keeping Dogs and other household pets safe. This GPS Pet Tracker monitors your Dog through the virtual fence feature to ascertain whether the pet is within safe zones. If by chance, your dog wanders off into an unsafe zone, you will surely get an alert.
The good news is, it works with the Google map and you can locate the in and out of movements of the Pets. Gibe Pet master kit tracker is very precise and accurate and monitors the movement of the Dog in real-time. So you worry about your dog or pet less.
This best GPS dog tracker is very light and your pet will not even notice it is there. Besides is waterproof also. This Mini Pet Tracker GPS Locator is equipped with a very active GPS dog chip making it efficient in both urban and rural or wooded regions.
- Neck and collar attachments are lightweight
- It works through GPS Satellites
- SMS alerts to phone and mail whenever something is wrong
- It requires internet connectivity all the time
13. Garmin Alpha 100 Bundle – Multi-dog Tracking System
- MULTI-DOG TRACKING - Track up to 20 dogs or fellow hunters when using additional Alpha 100 handhelds or TT 15 (standard and/or mini) dog devices (may also use T 5 dog devices for tracking only), each sold separately.
- EMERGENCY ALERT - Ability to send your location with an emergency alert to other Alpha users within the area.
- PRELOADED MAPPING - Preloaded detailed TOPO U.S. 100K maps comparable to 1:100,000 scale USGS maps.
- COLOR TOUCHSCREEN - 3” color touchscreen display. Display type : Transflective, 65-K color TFT touchscreen
- VIEW DOG STATS- Use the included electronic compass to measure each dog’s speed, distance and the direction being traveled, plus receive notifications when your dog is on-point or treed; also includes barometric altimeter
The Garmin Alpha 100 Bundle is one of the first generation best pet dog trackers in the market. This GPS dog collar is portable for both large and small dogs. With its real-time tracking that updates every 5 seconds, you are sure to keep an eye on your dogs always.
The Garmin can track one dog at a time and have the feature to connect with similar devices on the radar. It keeps track of the dog even when you are training them. Moreover, it has a colorful display each time it updates.
The Garmin Alpha 100 Bundle comes with a card slot. This allows the trainer or owner to upload a TOPO U.S. 100K. This map is built to show you elevation, depressions, and all cantors in the geographical region. Also, help you select an area or safe perimeter for your pet.
Another handy feature about this Smart Dog tracker is that it can easily connect to other Garmin Alpha devices around. Moreover, it has a base station on a laptop that gives real-time information on a larger display screen.
- Micro SD card for uploading TOPO US maps
- Track a dog in real-time
- The base station helps with a better and larger display
14. Loc8tor Pet Collar
- EXPERIENCE AMERICA'S #1 PET TRACKER - Easily locate your pet within 1-inch by using the most accurate pet tracking device which features state-of-the-art RF-based technology.
- MORE ACCURATE THAN PET GPS TRACKERS - Our unique proprietary RF-based directional cat and dog tracker technology is significantly more accurate than any GPS pet tracker available on the market.
- NO SUBSCRIPTION FEES - Our pet tracker does not require costly monthly subscription fees like a GPS pet tracker does, which adds up over time. Just a one-time cost of our pet locator provides a lifetime of peace of mind.
- HIGHEST QUALITY AND AWARD-WINNING TECHNOLOGY - Our state-of-the-art RF pet locator technology has won numerous awards and is not only the ultimate pet locator, but it can also help you locate other valuables.
Loc8tor Pet Tracker is a new modern device to reach out to your pet when it is lost. It is a portable device with a tag and a handheld locator. It works with Radiofrequency (RF) which enables good communication. Its exceptional features make it an outstanding one among other tracking devices.
Loc8tor pet tracker has been awarded numerous times because of its Radiofrequency(RF) technology and exceptional quality, which increases its accuracy to within 1 inch of the pet.
It consists of a tag that can be easily inserted into the collar of the pet and a handheld locator which the owner carries. Its lightweight makes it easy to carry for outdoor and indoor purposes.
Its locator has a cuboid-shape and a slim, black, and shiny body. Its dimensions are 1.2 inches in height, 0.8 inches in width, 0.3 inches in depth, which makes it so small a size of a credit card. It is covered with a splash-proof case which protects the device from snow and rain.
It is professionally designed to manage the control by having four buttons, 8 directional lights which include 2 red, 3 amber, and 3 green lights. The ON/OFF button is located to the right side while the volume button on the left.
AUDIO AND VISUAL CUES:
It has an audio and video system that enables quality communication. Upon pressing the buttons one can hear the beep which increases, and lights turn from red to amber and then to green when you are closer to the pet.
SOUND SYSTEM IN THE TAG:
The card in the tag also has a beep. When you press one button on the tracker, the tag emits a beep with a voice message. The pet recognizes the beep and returns to you in response to the message.
First, you must register the tag to the handheld locator by connecting the tag to the locator and then press one of the buttons for three seconds. A beep confirms that your tag is now registered. When you are in need just press the respective button for the tag and the audio-visual system of the device activates and helps to reach out to your pet.
- Long durable battery.
- Highly accurate
- Dual directional system of lights and sounds.
- No monthly subscription.
- 30 days money-back guarantee.
- Low range only up to 400 feet.
15. GoodBoy Mini No Shock Remote Collar
- Small and Safe - This collar is as lightweight and safe as possible for small dogs while maintaining all the necessary functionality. Even 5 lb pets can wear this collar comfortably without feeling weighed down. Due to its small size and the removal of the shock feature, we can not guarantee that this collar is 100% effective on very stubborn dogs or pets over 15 lbs
- Simple and Beautiful Design - The sleek and modern remote for this collar has a velvety matte finish that feels incredible to the touch. The simple design is straight-forward with no excessive buttons or settings. A large display with clear symbols makes it easy to see the selected mode and switch between training modes and correction strength as needed.
- All the Training Modes and Features You Need - This collar comes with one intensity level for sound and nine levels for vibration mode. The remote works up to a range of 1000 feet, making it perfect for outdoor or indoor activities, and can control up to two collars (extra collar sold separately). Connecting a second collar to the remote is easy with the press of just one button.
- Long-Lasting Battery Life - This collar uses the latest lithium battery technology, providing battery life that lasts for at least a week. Just with a single charge, the battery can provide up to 16 hours worth of continuous corrections (each correction is 8 seconds or less each for your pet's safety). The collar also has a battery-saving standby mode that is activated after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- A Detailed Training Guide - Our collar comes with a step-by-step training guide explaining how to use the GoodBoy remote collar in a safe and efficient manner. This booklet teaches 15 important commands, offers insight in understanding your dog’s body language, and teaches the best ways to deal with stubborn dogs. To make sure you get the best results, the training guide also includes tips for ensuring that the training sticks.
Good boy mini is a revolutionary device for pet behavior training and for controlling them. It is a stylish device that consists of a remote for the owner and a collar for the dog. It is mostly recommended for dogs of age for more than 6 months.
This collar is made up of plastic and consists of an adjustable strap that helps to fit the neck of the dog. The collar has a chic and attractive appearance which gives the dog a good look.
The remote has a ravishing design with clear symbols. Its remote has remarkable features including warning tone mode, vibration mode, rechargeable, and a two receivers option which enable it to communicate with 2 collars without additional buttons. They are waterproof with perfect accuracy.
Small and Light Weight:
The collar is so light and comfortable that dogs of up to 8lbs cannot feel disgusted. They wear them happily. The remote is also small, and pocket-size like a cell phone with every kind of training mode.
This gadget uses the new lithium battery with a duration of 6 months and a vibration and sensor module. This battery technology provides long-lasting performance for up to 16 hours with a one-time charge.
Training Modes and Dog Guide:
Its packaging contains a detailed Dog guide for good training by providing 15 commands. These commands help interaction and ways to deal with dogs. From health to every move of them these commands will help you train them to be like what you want. The device has many training modes enabling them can help you cope with the dog.
Making your Dog Estray:
Good boy remote collar makes your dog a perfect companion for your indoor and outdoor activities by controlling their annoying bark. Licking, chewing, and other bad habits. After using it you will have a perfect estray dog.
It has 7 correction levels which advise the dog that their bark is annoying by the emission of the beep. In 1st and 2nd bark only, the beeping is announced but from 3rd to consecutive 7th bark the collar adds an extra vibration. After that “cool-off” mode calm them down.
No shock mode:
Its collar has an additional excellent feature of no shock mode. This feature is present in many similar devices increases anxiety and tension in the dog’s which in result make them aggressive and they suddenly lose control. So, the absence of such a feature does not irritate the dog.
- Small and safe
- Easily adjustable collar
- Behavioral training of dogs.
- Anti-barking gadget
- No shock mode
- Low range up to 300m
Do GPS Dog Trackers work?
Yes, GPS real-time trackers work very efficiently with the latest technologies which enable you to monitor your dog’s activity and track its location. It is the most reliable and pocket-friendly device which allows one to control dog activity.
This device will send you alerts through SMS and emails by which you can easily find your dog’s location on a map. By its cutting-edge technology, tracks your dog’s location and in seconds as compared to many others. It has a tracker device that is attached to the dog’s collar and sends the location to a mobile app in which one can easily see the exact location and their movement.
Benefits of Using Dog Trackers
Many people love to pet dogs for their entertainment. Dogs are so cute to live with but, taking care of them is the most important thing to think about.
What if your dog suddenly vanishes from your sight? What will you do in this situation? No worries, here is the solution.
You should have a dog tracker that helps you find your lost dog. Dog trackers come with modern technologies which consist of two devices; one must be with the dog and the others must be with you. In this way, signals are transferred from one device to another. They give you peace of mind during an outing. You feel relaxed and tension-free when you are with your dog.
The other benefit of these devices includes that they are portable, lightweight, and stylish at the same time. Most are pocket friendly-with one-time payments. They tell you your dog’s location in seconds.
Many companies have now announced additional features for controlling your dog’s every second activity, their all-time behavior, and their habits. They also have sensors for irritating barks, eating, and licking.
Can You use a Dog Tracker for Hunting?
Yes, the best GPS dog trackers 2021 help you to monitor your dog’s activity, movement, barking, and location through a mobile phone. Pet tracking collars are widely used by bird hunters, hound men, beagles, coon hunters, and other wild animal hunters.
It uses a mobile app that receives your dog’s location during hunting then you can follow their location by map, compass, and satellite. Thanks to the GPS collar on the dogs that sends their location every 10 seconds to the app. After hunting, you can re-experience their footsteps on the map from where they started to where they were found. The best pet tracking devices have helped hunters who had more than one and vivid dogs.
Which Tracker is the Best for Small Dogs?
Petfon: The best GPS dog tracker and Activity monitor can be considered the best tracker for small dogs as it has no weight requirement. It’s a comfortable yet lightweight tracker that your stubborn dog can wear happily.
It is a portable and stylish tracker with a polymer lithium battery duration of 8-16 hours. It can withstand rain and snow with IP65 dust and waterproof covering and is a perfect partner of outdoor. It has a multicolor system which helps you even at night-time.
For this gadget no mobile app is required, it simply sends signals to the remote. It has a low range of 0.65 miles for congested urban areas and 3.5 miles for open areas, but still, it can be better for small puppies to track all time locations.
Which Tracker is the Best for Large Dogs?
Whistle Go Explorecan be considered as the best for larger dogs as it can also be used for heavyweight dogs of 10lbs and above. By using this amazing device one can easily track the location of their beloved pet.
This device helps to detect each move of the dog and send it to you via the Whistle app. This app gives you a monthly report of your pal’s health, physical activities, and behavior. Its main features include real-time tracking, exact location, and personalized monthly wellness record by GPS and AT&T LTE service. Its unique quality is that it helps you contact the vet directly through the app.
Whistle makes sure that Go Explore maintains good communication between you and your dog by having a long durable battery of 20+ hours. It costs you monthly fees but still, it can serve to be your best assistant for your dog’s wellbeing.
Things to Consider Before Buying GPS Dog Tracker
We all know that every good best GPS dog tracker should have some qualities we are looking for. Before buying any tracking device for pets, one should first consider what exactly the purpose is or what I want from it? With many products claiming to be the best dog tracking device, don’t get confused as to what to buy. This section will list and explain some of the key features to make sure your GPS pet tracker have before paying for it.
Our pets love to wander off whenever they get the chance. A perimeter fence is no longer the only option, to make sure you find your pet with any Mini Pet Tracker GPS Locator; the range is the first feature to look out for. The range is the distance between you and the tracker on your pet. This includes the buildings and trees and how densely packed they are. The range of a tracker depends on either the network or the satellite providing service to the device.
The longer the range, the better and more efficient the device. Because you will be able to find your pet within reasonable limits, some dog GPS tracker uses Google map should incase your pet is no longer within the safe zone created.
2. Handheld Device
A handheld device is any device that helps you monitor your pet from far away. A handheld device can be a remote GPS control or your phone, iPad, computer, and any compactable device. On your handheld device, the tracker company app can be installed. From there, you can create a safe zone for your pet. The handheld device can also be used to receive all notifications from the GPS Pet Tracker. You can also track the health, activities, or even sleep habits of your dog from the device. The best part of having a handheld device is you know exactly when, whatever is happening to your pet in real-time. Some trackers are equipped with an SOS button. When this is pressed, it sends a signal to you on a handheld device of choice. This way, you know exactly where your pet is and pick them up.
3. Battery Life
Long battery life is another essential feature to look out for when buying GPS trackers for small dogs or GPS trackers for large dogs. Battery life affects signal transmission. Moreover, the longer your tracking device battery lasts, the better it is to find a missing pet. The battery life of most dog GPS trackers can last for about 3-12 hours on a single charge. Dog trackers reviews report some that are capable of working for as long as four days. So, if you are a busy owner and cannot keep up with the changing pace of short battery life, get the one that lasts for months on a single charge.
The design of the best pet dog trackers should satisfy two conditions.
- Pet comfort
Most pet collars are made from plastic materials, and this, to some extent, makes them prone to damage. Owners should make sure the material is long-lasting. Go for those with a long period of warranty and refund policy.
Pet comfort must also be considered when getting a GPS Pet Tracker. This device is placed around the collar of your pet. So, go for one that fits your dog and not hinders the dog’s daily activities nor chocks your pet.
5. Size & Weight
GPS dog tracker comes in various sizes and weights. We have GPS trackers for small dogs and GPS trackers for large dogs. The dimension of a tracking device matters a lot because this determines the size of your pet’s collar. You do not want to get what will end up being too small or large. The larger a GPS Pet Tracker is the more weight it will carry. If a Smart Dog tracker is too large and heavy, your pet will always use their paw to try to remove it. Moreover, this may result in damaging the device. So go for something that your dog will not even know is there.
6. Real-time Mapping
Real-time mapping is the main reason you got the best dog tracking device, if not, how on earth will you know the location of your pet on earth. Real-time mapping is what a GPS device is meant for. For this, go for the best GPS Pet Tracker with fine mapping. This feature helps pet owners to know the exact location of the pet on their handheld devices.
MICROCHIP VS GPS TRACKER
A microchip is a device used to store information. This information is stored in a type of alphabet called binary code. A dog microchip contains a registration number and phone number of the registry which is specific to the brand of the chip. If a pet is lost, the animal can be reunited with its owner.
On the other hand, a GPS Tracker uses a network of satellites to determine the location of a device. A GPS Tracker, e.g., a dog GPS tracking device can help pet owners find their missing dogs.
Similarities between Microchip and GPS Tracker
- Play key roles in finding your pet.
- Can be tracked to a contact address
Differences between Microchip and GPS Tracker
|Function||Microchip serves as a permanent form of identification for your pet when it is scanned||GPS tracking device will reveal the location of your pet.|
|Power Source||Does not require a power source||GPS tracker does need a power source.|
|Appearance and Size||Microchip is small and discreet||GPS tracker is larger|
The Importance of GPS Pet Microchip Combination
The function of a GPS tracker and microchip are quite different. The best way to ensure your dog or pet is safe is to get a combination of both. A GPS dog microchip or GPS dog chip will consist of the dog chip implanted in your pet. Afterward, you can purchase an Affordable GPS Dog Tracker.
GPS Dog Trackers Best for Rural Areas
If your pet wanders into a location that is not easily determined by a regular GPS tracker, such as a dense forest or similar setting, you’re going to need a device that is best for rural areas. This includes pet trackers that operate by radiofrequency. An example of such a device is Garmin Astro 320, which is also able to track multiple dogs at a time.
Mini Pet Tracker GPS Locator
For small dogs and cats, it is best to purchase a Mini Pet Tracker GPS Locator. These lightweight devices are very portable and comfortable for small pets. They are also very discreet and lightweight. A mini tracker may weigh about 23 grams or more and is a great fit for small cats and dogs. An example is the Mini Pet Tracker GPS Locator for Dogs and Cats that weigh less than your average pets.
Your pet’s safety matters and you need to be able to keep track of them if they decide to go on an adventure without you. Increase the chances of being reunited with your pet by purchasing a GPS pet tracker and activity monitor.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you track your dog with a microchip?
No, you cannot. But the founder can take the pet to a vet or a location where the GPS dog microchip can be scanned. This way, it displays the company’s name. Contact with them will provide information on how to reach you.
- Do I need to download an app to use a GPS dog collar?
An app may not be necessary. You can get messages from the GPS dog collar company.
An app though is an added advantage because it links you directly to your pet. However, it comes with an additional charge.
- Do all GPS dog collars require a monthly fee?
No, not all GPS Dog Collar requires a monthly fee. If you do not want the fees, look for pet GPS trackers with zero subscription charges. However, charges can be as low as $6/month. This is quite reasonable: if you are on a budget and at the same time want the best for your pet friend.
- How much does it cost to put a GPS chip in a dog?
It can cost between $45-$60 USD to get this procedure done by a trained vet. Depending on where you got your pet from, some may already have a microchip. If there is a dog microchip in your pet, it has been registered in the recovery database already.
- What is the smallest GPS tracker?
Well, there are a lot of very tiny trackers out there so small that you might lose track of what to pick. TrackerPad has a coin size tracker. You can check that out.
Perhaps, if you have any kind of pet like dogs, cats, birds, or any other animal you must have a tracker with you to ensure their safety and your property. Finding your missing pet especially a dog can be a difficult task but now these problems have a solution.
Dog trackers come in many types by many companies with new and modern technologies to give you heartsease. Dog trackers have introduced a new horizon for upcoming technology related to pets.
Many best GPS dog trackers require a monthly subscription same as a mobile network which needs to be recharged after some time while others not and you can also check best Collars with no monthly fee as well. It helps you a lot to detect their behaviors and train them to become a good pet for you. Tracking device for dogs has been proved to be the best choice for pet owners because it works both on Apple and Android phones.
So, do not panic when your dog is lost, just press a button and you are on your way to your furry buddy.
After having the best GPS tracker, you can count on a higher level of security for your dog. This way, you will be able to know the location of your dog at all times. Even this can be excellent to compliment your dog’s training. In other words, it is one of the best devices for the welfare and protection of your pet.
With so many trackers and chips to choose from I hope you find the best that suits you and your pet. I know it is important for you to want your dog safe and he must remain and united with you. So, you have to take benefit from this advanced technology. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
++Interested In Reading++